Student Affairs Offices & Services

Last updated 8/8/22


Find information about services and support within the Division of Student Affairs for students, faculty, and staff. 


“Rondo II” sculpture in Hearst Mining Circle with the Hearst Memorial Mining Building in the background


Student Services and Support on Campus


ASUC Student Union

The ASUC Student Union is a hub of student life at Berkeley. Find places to shop, study, create, and connect with other students.


Basic Needs Center

The Basic Needs Center acts as a virtual and physical hub that provides and connects students to essential services that impact health, belonging, and overall well-being. The Basic Needs Center provides education, prevention and emergency relief programs in the core areas of basic needs: food security, housing security and  financial stability. All enrolled students including undergraduate, graduate, international, and undocumented students are eligible for Basic Needs Center programs and services. Students can access support from our team by completing our Assistance Form.


Berkeley Art Studio

Berkeley Art Studio is found at the Student Union and offers classes in ceramics, photography, drawing, painting, design, and printmaking. Registration is open to the whole UC Berkeley community.


Cal 1 Card

Get your Cal 1 Card to navigate student spaces and facilities on campus. Your Cal 1 Card is your university ID card and provides services such as building access, meal plan swipes, recreational access, and campus transportation services.


Cal Student Central

Cal Student Central is a service-oriented department dedicated to helping students successfully navigate several key departments at UC Berkeley, including the Office of the Registrar and Accounts Payable. The website helps walk you through materials on financial aid, registration, billing inquiries, tuition, and student records.


Career Center

Access the Career Center for job search tools, support for internships, events and workshops, and other career planning and counseling services.


Centers for Educational Justice & Community Engagement

Discover how students and the university community work together toward equity at Centers for Educational Justice & Community Engagement. Key offices and resources include:


Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

University Health Services offers Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) to support student academic success and self-development through counseling for academic, career, and personal issues. There is no charge to get started, and all registered students can access services regardless of their insurance plan. For support call 510-642-9494 or the counseling after-hours support line: 855-817-5667.


Dean of Students Office

The Dean of Students office advocates for student needs and is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that helps all students reach their educational, aspirational, and personal goals.



UC Berkeley Dining is ranked as one of the best dining programs in the country. Find information about excellent food, meal plans for on and off campus housing, and dining commons. For information contact


Disabled Students’ Program (DSP)

The Disabled Students’ Program promotes an inclusive environment for students with disabilities and equips students with appropriate accommodations and services to achieve their individual academic goals.


Early Childhood Education Program (ECEP)

The Early Childhood Education Program provides early childhood services to support student, staff, faculty, and community parents with the balance of family, school, and work.


Financial Aid and Scholarships

Find help navigating the financial aid processes, receive counseling about available options, and find innovative programs to help your financial life from the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. Create a case online for any questions, like inquiries about emergency loans or impacts to your aid.



Learn about university housing opportunities, including residence halls, apartments, theme programs, and off campus housing support from Cal Rentals. Contact Cal Housing by emailing


International Office 

International students can find support with advising, immigration services, advocacy, and university programming at the Berkeley International Office.


LEAD Center

The LEAD Center (Leadership, Engagement, Advising, and Development) is a campus hub for student involvement, leadership development, and co-curricular advising that assists students as they explore their interests, pursue their passions, and create community at Berkeley.


Office of the Registrar

Contact the Office of the Registrar for information about the Berkeley Academic Guide, class enrollment, schedules, registration, graduation, diplomas, transcripts, and other responsibilities regarding student records, including preservation and privacy. Find enrollment resources and support.


Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Learn about undergraduate admissions at UC Berkeley. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or call 510-642-3175 for additional information.


PATH to Care Center

Find survivor support from PATH to Care Center: confidential counseling with a holistic approach to supporting survivors in exploring all options, rights, and resources. Call the Care Line for 24/7 urgent support: 510-643-2005.


Public Service Center

Discover ways that students can develop their capacity as successful change agents and leaders. The Public Service Center brings together students, faculty, and communities in support of social justice, civic engagement, and transformative social change.


Recreational Sports

Stay active and healthy with fitness programs, resources, classes, and exercise facilities from Berkeley Rec Sports. Discover free resources, virtual classes, and online videos from Rec Sports online.


Residential Life

Discover resources and programs to help students transition to Berkeley and maximize their Residential Life while in campus housing.


Student Billing Services

Financial resources for students about billing, refunds, loan payment and exit counseling from Billing and Payment Services.


Student Technology Services

The University wishes to ensure that all students have equitable access to the technology resources they need to support research, teaching, and learning. If the student technology resources you have available to you do not enable your effective participation in instruction, please consider the following resources.

University Health Services (UHS)

If you think you may be sick, and are not sure whether you need to come in, call University Health Services Nurse Advice Line (24/7) at 510-643-7197.


University Village Albany (UVA)

Learn about family housing on campus at University Village Albany. For additional information contact or call 510-526-8505.


Berkeley Life Roundup Departmental Messages

Read archived Berkeley Life Roundup emails: monthly updates sent to all students with information about health and safety, resources and support on campus, and finding community.