Center fro Support and Intervention - Respondent Services, University of California, Berkeley

Respondent Services

Respondent Services through the Office of Center for Support and Intervention provides resources, information, and referrals to students who have been charged with violating the Code of Student Conduct and face suspension or dismissal from the university. These charges can include sexual, behavioral, or academic misconduct. The goal of this service is to ensure that students who are engaged in the conduct process are informed of campus resources and receive assistance with the coordination of services and referrals.

If you are a student who has been accused of misconduct and face suspension or dismissal you may contact the Center for Support and Intervention for respondent services assistance.

Center for Support and Intervention
Phone: 510-642-5991


Services provided by the Student Affairs Case Managers include:

  • Help you understand your rights
  • Explain and help you navigate the investigation and adjudication processes, including formal hearings
  • Refer you to campus and community resources, such as psychological counseling, legal services (including help understanding and complying with protection orders), alternative housing, academic questions and other needs

It is important to note that the Student Affairs Case Managers are NOT:

  • A confidential resource*
  • An advocate on behalf of a respondent
  • Legal counsel or case advice

*It is important to note that the staff providing respondent services are not legally required to maintain confidentiality.  The Student Affairs Case Manager can provide respondents with resources to connect them to confidential resources.

The Student Affairs Case Manager working with the respondent does not participate in the investigation or resolution of cases.   

University Health Services

If you have been named as someone who may have violated a campus policy or possibly committed a crime, you may be participating in a variety of accountability processes, and may experience a range of emotions and questions about your life and your future.  During this time, counselors at University Health Services are available to offer you a confidential and non-judgmental space to explore your actions and their impact, experience your emotions, and receive psycho-education and support as you move through this challenging period.

  • Social Services has social workers who specialize in all areas of sexual and gender harassment.
  • Counseling & Psychological Services offers a broad range of counseling services
    510-642-9494 or walk into the Tang Center, 3rd floor. 

Social Services and Counseling & Psychological Services is located at the Tang Center, 2222 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720

Please be aware that although counseling sessions are confidential, records may be subpoenaed in the event of a court case.

You may also choose to seek advice and guidance from these resources:

  • Student Advocate Office
    Berkeley’s student government (ASUC) offers the Student Advocate’s Office which has a staff of student volunteers committed to providing support and advocacy to students involved in alleged violations of misconduct or academic dishonesty.
    Phone: 510-642-6912
  • Attorney for Students
    The Attorney for Students advises currently registered UC Berkeley students regarding their legal questions, rights, and obligations. Please review the information and materials on Attorney for Students page before making an appointment - they may answer your questions.

Center for Student Conduct (CSC)

If you receive notification from the Center for Student Conduct (CSC) about possible violations of the Code, you are being contacted because the CSC received information that indicates you may have been involved in conduct that does not meet expectations set forth in the Code of Student Conduct.

For more information about the student conduct process, and your rights and responsibilities, please see the Center for Student Conduct website.

The Code of Student Conduct can be accessed here.

Information about the Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment policy, investigation and adjudication procedures can be found here.

To contact the Center for Student Conduct you can call 510-642-9069, email them at or visit them in 203 Sproul Hall.