Conduct Banner

Report an Incident

To report an incident involving a University of California, Berkeley student or student organization, please complete and submit the form below.

Please have following information available when completing the form:
   1. Name of accused student/s and/or student organization
   2. Date of alleged incident
   3. Time of alleged incident
   4. Place of alleged incident
   5. Detailed statement of what you observed/heard/experienced (the report)
   6. Names & contact info for any witnesses
   7. Any additional pertinent information

You can submit the report in one of the following ways:
  • Email the form to:
  • Mail the form to: 
    Center for Student Conduct
    221 Sproul Hall, MC 2426
    Berkeley, CA 94720-2426
  • Submit the form in person to:
    Center for Student Conduct, 221 Sproul Hall
Keep in mind the following:
Reports must be submitted in writing.
Reports need to be submitted by an individual(s) - anonymous reports may not allow Student Conduct to move forward with a conduct process.

Academic Misconduct Forms for Faculty/GSIs

Faculty Disposition & Referral Form

This form is used by faculty in academic misconduct situations (i.e., cheating, plagiarism, etc.). The form allows you to indicate if the student accepts responsibility for the alleged violation and you have resolved the matter together, or if you are referring it to us due to circumstances impeding resolution.

Please note that the Center may request further documentation as part of the information-seeking process and encourages you to consider submitting the following information along with this completed form to expedite the process:

  • a copy of the course syllabus
  • the original version of the work in question (i.e., test/quiz, essay, blue book, lab report, etc.)
  • other supporting documentation (i.e., sources, other students’ work, correspondence with student, etc.)

Full procedures and suggestions for speaking with students about these issues are outlined here. Staff members are available for consultation at 510-643-9069 or at if you have questions.