Student Liaison Position
In order to give students more voice in the work of the Student Affairs Division of UC Berkeley, a Student Liaison will be retained as an employee of the office of the Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
To develop and implement a strategy for engaging the Interim Vice Chancellor with various student constituencies in an effort to improve the student experience at Berkeley.
The incumbent will:
- Meet monthly with the Interim Vice Chancellor and prior to each monthly committee meeting.
- Identify key student organizations and help facilitate meetings between the Vice Chancellor with these groups (for example, Graduate Assembly, ASUC, RHA, bridges, etc.).
- Create similar opportunities for groups of students such as student athletes, disabled students, transfer students, student parents, etc.
- Assist in establishing town hall-type meetings as needed for specific areas of, or else the general, student population.
- Represent the Interim Vice Chancellor’s office at meetings with students.
- Coordinate the Interim Vice Chancellor’s Student Advisory Committee, create selection process and meeting schedule, and, working with the Interim Vice Chancellor, create agenda topics.
- Working with the Interim Vice Chancellor’s office, keep track of issues raised at all meetings and work on any necessary follow-up.
- Apprise the Interim Vice Chancellor of emerging student issues.
- Establish a relationship with the Student Regent when possible to keep regents abreast of issues of concern on campus.
- Create opportunities for exchange of ideas between SA staff and students. Make recommendations to the Interim VC for ways to foster more staff/student collaboration.
- Help facilitate student participation in various projects and collaboration with Senior Administrative officials as needed.
- When appropriate, the incumbent may have the opportunity to shadow the Interim Vice Chancellor as he attends administrative meetings that impact student-related issues.
- Experience with using various social media platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and reaching out to individuals and groups across the campus
- Vision and goal-oriented
- Willing to work 10-12 hours/week
- Previous experience on the Vice Chancellor’s Student Advisory Committee is preferred
- $1800 stipend per semester — work study available
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com by May 1, 2017 with "Student Liaison Application" in the subject line.
For more information about the Interim Vice Chancellor’s Student Advisory Committee, please visit: Student Advisory Committee