Student Advisory Committee
The Student Advisory Committee to the Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCSAC) offers an exceptional opportunity for interested UC Berkeley students to provide counsel to Interim Vice Chancellor Steve Sutton concerning the quality of student life and the co-curricular experience. Students serving on the VCSAC will provide direct advice and feedback to the Student Affairs division on the campus administration and help influence decisions concerning student services at Cal. Membership on the committee varies from 12-15 members depending upon the application pool of a given year.
Students that are on the committee have the opportunity to interact monthly with the Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and also have a great way to build their resumes.
All interested Cal students who plan to be enrolled in and present on campus for both the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters are eligible. Students who are passionate about the quality of student life and the student experience at UC Berkeley, engaged in the campus community, and interested in student services and development outside of the classroom setting are encouraged to apply. We are seeking a broad representation of Cal students. Applicants must be available to attend monthly meetings on Tuesdays (usually on the second week of the month) from 5:10-7:00 p.m.
- Your resume and a brief statement (of no more than 250 words) expressing your interest in serving as a member of VCSAC.
In the body of the email, please write:
- Your name, in the subject line
- Length of your tenure at UC Berkeley, including the type and date of entry (e.g. freshmen admit – Fall 2016, junior transfer student - Fall 2016, or freshman spring admit - Spring 2017) and class year/expected date of graduation
- College you are enrolled in and the major(s) and minor(s), if applicable, you have declared
- Your e-mail address, phone number, and current address, including your primary contact information for the summer (or when you are away from campus).