Staff Recognition & Achievement Awards
Recognition & Achievement Awards
Recognition and Achievement Awards at UC Berkeley are intended to:
- Recognize employees for accomplishments resulting in cost savings and/or increased efficiencies.
- Recognize employees for exceptional performance that furthers the mission of the organization.
- Encourage excellence in customer and University service.
- Encourage innovation and creativity.
The UC Berkeley Achievement and Spot Award Program includes two types of awards:
- Achievement Awards ($1000): For sustained, superior performance above and beyond normal performance expectations. May be awarded to an individual or team.
- Spot Awards ($400): For significant contributions for a specific project or task, or group of projects or tasks, above and beyond normal performance expectations. May be awarded to an individual or team.
In addition, departments can recognize specific contributions to the departmental mission or strategic plan via Non-Cash Awards (non-cash, up to $75 in value).
Campus Guidelines: Purpose and Type