When to Refer a Student
Referable Concerning Behaviors
• Unusual or erratic behavior in class, in the residence halls, during advising sessions, etc.
• Extended absence from class or activities by a typically engaged student
• Written work or creative expression with troubling themes or references
• Verbal or written threats made by a student toward another students, faculty, and/or staff
• Written or verbal expressions of suicidal ideation or intent
• Other actions that cause an alarm or call into question the safety of the student or his/her peers
How to Refer a Student
Campus staff and faculty can refer a student to the Students of Concern Committee by submitting a CARE Report through our secure online form here.
If you have questions about submitting a report, please call 510-664-4218.
NOTE: The Team is NOT for EMERGENCIES
- The phone number listed above is not a 24-hour service to access to support
- If there is an immediate threat to a student (either through self-harm or interpersonal violence) or the community, please call 911 or 510-642-3333.
- If you believe a student is in need of immediate psychological help, when Counseling & Psychological Services is open call 510-642-9494; after hours call 510-643-7197.