Student Affairs Case Management
Student Affairs Case Management addresses prevention and intervention for harm and violence on campus, and provides support to students experiencing or causing distress in the campus community.
Our Violence and Harm Prevention work provides direct training to students and staff on bystander intervention strategies. Our Students of Concern Case Management team provides limited threat assessment, consultation, collaboration, and intervention with and for students, faculty, staff, and other campus and community colleagues in order to prevent students and the campus community from experiencing harm and violence.
Violence and Harm Prevention
- Provide training directly to students and staff on bystander intervention, with a specific focus on recognizing and intervening in circumstances likely to result in harm or violence.
- Develop and implement harm prevention strategies for the broader campus in collaboration with other campus units.
Students of Concern Case Management
- Assess and provide direct support to students experiencing or causing distress with the potential for harm or violence (either directed towards self or others).
- Collaborate with campus colleagues regularly through the Students of Concern Committee, and as needed through our daily work on assessing potential harm and threat.
- Craft intervention strategies to mitigate harmful behavior and ensure the safety of the campus community.