Respect & Civility
Residential and Student Service Programs is an organization comprised of more than 2,000 full and part-time staff members who provide students "a life-enriching experience based on the tradition of academic excellence at the University of California, Berkeley."
As we serve our students and each other, it is vital we embrace the values of RSSP and model them at all levels.
- Our staff treats each other with a sense of worth and excellence of a person.
- We will share in each others success and support each other in challenging times.
- Our communications will be clear, honest, timely, respectful, and above all polite.
- We will direct our concerns to the source for clarification and resolution.
- We will listen to others' points of view and remain open minded with respect to understanding cultural differences and work styles.
- Our work reflects the mission and goals of RSSP.
- We value and expect input from all levels of the organization.
- We actively and positively participate in creating the future of RSSP.
- We promote teamwork by sharing workload, information, and ideas.
- We assist each other to achieve our goals.
Respect: A feeling or attitude of admiration and deference toward somebody or something.
Civility: Observing social conventions, something said or done in a polite way.