Role and Services
Services provided by the Student Affairs Case Managers include:
- Help you understand your rights
- Explain and help you navigate the investigation and adjudication processes, including formal hearings
- Refer you to campus and community resources, such as psychological counseling, legal services (including help understanding and complying with protection orders), alternative housing, academic questions and other needs
It is important to note that the Student Affairs Case Managers are NOT:
- A confidential resource*
- An advocate on behalf of a respondent
- Legal counsel or case advice
*It is important to note that the staff providing respondent services are not legally required to maintain confidentiality. The Student Affairs Case Manager can provide respondents with resources to connect them to confidential resources.
The Student Affairs Case Manager working with the respondent does not participate in the investigation or resolution of cases.