Please refer to the following forms as a basic template for legal issues that commonly impact students. For specific questions, currently registered UC Berkeley students should schedule an appointment with Student Legal Services.
- Assignment of Lease (one tenant): a contract to be used when transferring the interest in a lease with one tenant to a new tenant.
- Assignment of Lease (multiple tenants): a contract for use when transferring the interest in a lease with more than one tenant to a new tenant (or tenants).
- Auto Bill of Sale: a simple form for the transfer of a car.
- Roommate Agreement: a fairly detailed agreement outlining the responsibilities and expectations among rommates sharing an apartment or house.
- Security Deposit Demand Letter: a simple form letter to a landlord asserting legal rights to the return of a security deposit.
- Sublease Agreement: a sample agreement between a tenant and subtenant.
The forms offered on the SLS Web site are general in nature, and will not fit all situations. To properly adapt a form to your needs, consult with an attorney. Currently registered UC Berkeley students can call Student Legal Services for an appointment at (510) 664-7487.