The Student Affairs Fellowship Program provides valuable professional and career development experiences to staff who want to expand their skill set and expertise. Paired with senior campus leaders, Fellows have the opportunity to develop transferrable skills and knowledge, and build relationships across the Division and Campus.
This program is designed for entry to mid-level Student Affairs exempt, career employees who provide student services at UC Berkeley. In the Career Compass job standards this includes those in Professional 2-4 or Supervisor 1-2.
- 4-6 month hands-on fellowship experience
- Mentoring relationship with senior leader
- Formal performance feedback
1. Demonstrate a working knowledge of how another functional area in student affairs operates.
2. Identify the value of different supervisory and mentoring styles.
3. Gain awareness of professional capacity in a different student affairs functional area.
View the PowerPoint presentation here.
Interviews with Alumni