The Incentive Awards Program (IAP)
A Program That Changes Lives
The Incentive Awards Program provides up to $32,000 in scholarship funds over eight semesters, and student support services to low-income, first- generation college students who have demonstrated leadership potential, high academics, and a commitment to serve others.
IAP reaches out to high school students who have overcome great socioeconomic disadvantages through its partnerships with 58 high schools in Northern California and 20 in Los Angeles.
Founded on the UC Berkeley campus in 1991, the Program is now the largest privately funded retention, scholarship, and leadership development program in the UC system. The IAP is part of the Office of Student Development in Residential and Student Service Programs. The Office of Student Development facilitates student transitions into the academic and social communities of the University of California, Berkeley.
The Incentive Awards Program provides educational and financial access to high-achieving students who face socio-economic barriers from underserved communities throughout California. We commit to cultivate future leaders through civic engagement and provide comprehensive student-centered support services to succeed at UC Berkeley and beyond.
• Recruit a diverse pool of UC eligible applicants who meet the Incentive Awards Program guidelines;
• Provide financial assistance to reduce the economic burden of a UC Berkeley education;
• Facilitate academic and personal transitions by providing holistic support services to ensure the retention, graduation, and success beyond Cal;
• Empower and develop leaders who will affect social transformation in their various communities;
• Cultivate long-lasting relationships within the IAP community of Scholars, Alumni, Staff, Donors, High School Partners, and Selection Committee members.
Interested in becoming a part of the Incentive Awards Program (IAP)? Learn more about the IAP Eligibility Criteria.
Check out the IAP Calendar to learn about upcoming events.