After the Fact-Finding Meeting
- Meet with your Business Partner to debrief the meeting and decide on the next steps based on the facts found. You will talk through the Seven Tests of Just Cause to decide if you are justified in moving forward in the progressive discipline process on this issue
- Make a decision about the facts found.
- If you decide to issue a letter, move on to the template below for writing the letter
- If you decide not to issue a letter, but still believe there are performance issues with this employee, strategize with your Business Partner on how best to support your employee to improve.
- If you discover that you were wrong about the performance issue, make sure to talk about that with your employee. Thank them for their honesty, and apologize if you had jumped to conclusions without getting enough facts.