Business Operations - Hit List
- A PO needs to be generated prior to the start of work, regardless of dollar amount.
- A quote plus certificate of insurance needs to be attached to every cart -- unless the purchase is from a BearBuy hosted or punch out catalog (Office Max, Grainger).
- Contracts (of any dollar amount) that require signature or that include a vendor's terms and conditions need to be reviewed and signed off by a buyer prior to purchase.
- Contracts (of any dollar amount) that involve software or IT interface will need to be reviewed by SAIT for security purposes prior to approval. Submit security review requests directly to: SAITservice@berkeley.edu."
- Three or more competing quotes plus certificate of insurance need to be attached to every cart $5k and above (unless the purchase is from a BearBuy hosted or punch out catalog - Office Max, Grainger, etc.). Anything $5k and above has to demonstrate "price reasonableness" and this is most clearly acheived via multiple competing quotes. If a special or emergency situation comes up, the unit may be able to write up a justification for how/why a different procedure should be followed and how they will determine that the price is reasonable.
- Insurance certificates on file are now located on the google drive.
- Requests for "blanket" POs require additional documentation, a signed contract, and a discount from the vendor, and are not automatically generated. The dept is strongly encouraged to eliminate blanket POs.
- Formal, public bidding is required for $100k and above.(flow chart).