Administrative Operations provides cashiering services for all departments in Student Affairs. Cashiering activities include:
- Processing Cash and Check Deposit Requests to departmental accounts,
- Processing wire transfer payments routed from Billing & Payment Services for deposit back to department accounts,
- Processing Credit Card Payments to departmental accounts,
- Processing end of day deposits in the Campus Deposit System, and
- Receiving end of day deposits and submitting for Loomis pickup.
Types of Collection
Funds approved for collection that are consistent with the purposes of the University.
Examples: Registration for events, workshops, classes, admissions payments, and membership dues.
Credited on the miscellaneous cash receipt form to the departmental expenditure account from which the original expenditures were made.
Examples: Rebates for purchases, other entities reimbursing UC for airfare associated with professional development/consultation.
- Funds received as gifts, such as private donations to UC Berkeley.
- The Cashiers office can help with all meal plan questions. More detailed information can als be found at: http://caldining.berkeley.edu/meal-plans/facultystaff