Campus Buyers have the professional expertise, skills and knowledge to handle complex and high value transactions. These individuals have been delegated the authority to process transactions above low value delegated limits.
Campus Buyers provide services to:
Assist departments with planning procurement activities
Select appropriate sources, including identification and management of suppliers
Negotiate and review terms and conditions with suppliers
Analyze business issues, activities and transactions
Solicit competitive bids through requests for information, quotations, or proposals
Assist departments with UC business policy interpretation and compliance
Assist departments with the creation of a Statement of Work (SOW) when appropriate, for supplier services
Sign contracts and agreements for goods and services (departments do not have the delegation to sign these)
The Campus Buyer is included in BearBuy workflow, either when the purchasing dollar amount or purchase type requires Buyer involvement or when the department indicates that Buyer intervention is needed.
Note: Insurance certificates on file are now located on the google drive.
Non-Compensation Expense Update:
All Non-Compensation Expenses over $20k identified below will need CFO approval until further notice. Please ensure you attach the fully completed Student Affairs Non-Compensation Expense Review Form to all Non-Compensation Expenses that fall into the below categories:
- Change Order
- Refresh Minor Capitol Expenses
- Sole Source Agreement
- Capital expenditures over $500k that does not go through CPC
Low Value Purchasing (Under $5k)
For all purchases under $5,000 please fill out the request form below. The Purchasing team will be sure your order is placed and frequent updates are given to you throughout the process.
Service PO's and Purchasing (Over $5k)
For all service PO's (regardless of amount) and purchases over $5k, please fill out the request form below. The Purchasing team will be sure your order is placed and frequent updates are given to you throughout the process. Please be aware that three or more competing quotes plus certificate of insurance need to be attached to every cart $5k and above (unless the purchase is from a BearBuy hosted or punch out catalog (Office Max, Grainger).
Frequently Used links:
Request for Proposals
Formal Requests for Quote (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) are required at UCB for all purchases $100k and above. However, you may elect to go out to bid for any goods and services at any dollar amount. The RFP's typically take between 3-6 months and all suppliers must have a valid certificate of insurance on file with the University listing "The Regents of the University of California" as "additional insured" prior to starting work.
Insurance certificates on file are now located on the google drive.
For a more detailed look at this process please review the Request For Proposal Process Map.
- A PO needs to be generated prior to the start of work, regardless of dollar amount.
- A quote plus certificate of insurance needs to be attached to every cart -- unless the purchase is from a BearBuy hosted or punch out catalog (Office Max, Grainger).
- Contracts (of any dollar amount) that require signature or that include a vendor's terms and conditions need to be reviewed and signed off by a buyer prior to purchase.
- Contracts (of any dollar amount) that involve software or IT interface will need to be reviewed by SAIT for security purposes prior to approval. Submit security review requests directly to: SAITservice@berkeley.edu."
- Three or more competing quotes plus certificate of insurance need to be attached to every cart $5k and above (unless the purchase is from a BearBuy hosted or punch out catalog - Office Max, Grainger, etc.). Anything $5k and above has to demonstrate "price reasonableness" and this is most clearly acheived via multiple competing quotes. If a special or emergency situation comes up, the unit may be able to write up a justification for how/why a different procedure should be followed and how they will determine that the price is reasonable.
- Insurance certificates on file are now located on the google drive.
- Requests for "blanket" POs require additional documentation, a signed contract, and a discount from the vendor, and are not automatically generated. The dept is strongly encouraged to eliminate blanket POs.
- Formal, public bidding is required for $100k and above.(flow chart).
This form is strictly for Project Managers within RSSP Design Services. For all other purchasing requests, please use the "Purchasing" tab.
Please use this form to submit work authorizations through the Capital Projects "Blanket Contract" program.
This is a digital version of the current authorization.