Blu Card/Event Card Reconciliation
Administrative Operations serves as the primary Approver in BFS for all card transactions. We will review purchases made by the cardholder and work of the Reconciler, notify them of any errors, and approve transactions in BFS to show all steps have been completed and within compliance of Procurement Services. To ensure audit defensibility the "3 Strike Rule" will be strictly enforced.
Minimum Documentation Requirements:
- Order Approval - Electronic or wet signature approving the order.
- Documentation - What was purchased and how much it cost (i.e.. invoice, receipt, etc.).
- What was received - Documentation showing goods were received. (i.e.. packing slip, in-house receiving system, or email/note from receiver indicating what was received.
For a more detailed description of these Minimum Documentation Requirements please click HERE.
Need a step-by-step video to re-fresh you on the steps to reconcile your BluCard transactions? Please watch this BFS 9.2 Instructional Video!
Once you are ready to submit all your documentation to be reconciled please follow the below steps.
Step 1a: For BluCard transactions please complete this form:
Step 1b: For all Event Planner Card (EPC) transactions please fill out the Event Planner Card Authorization Form
Administrative Operations provides cashiering services for all departments in Student Affairs. Cashiering activities include:
- Processing Cash and Check Deposit Requests to departmental accounts,
- Processing wire transfer payments routed from Billing & Payment Services for deposit back to department accounts,
- Processing Credit Card Payments to departmental accounts,
- Processing end of day deposits in the Campus Deposit System, and
- Receiving end of day deposits and submitting for Loomis pickup.
Types of Collection
Funds approved for collection that are consistent with the purposes of the University.
Examples: Registration for events, workshops, classes, admissions payments, and membership dues.
Credited on the miscellaneous cash receipt form to the departmental expenditure account from which the original expenditures were made.
Examples: Rebates for purchases, other entities reimbursing UC for airfare associated with professional development/consultation.
- Funds received as gifts, such as private donations to UC Berkeley.
- The Cashiers office can help with all meal plan questions. More detailed information can als be found at: http://caldining.berkeley.edu/meal-plans/facultystaff
Entertainment and Non-T&E Reimbursements
The Financial Services Team provides a hassle-free and timely reimbursement process. We act as the single point of contact for all departments involved in the processing of your Entertainment Reimbursement requests.
Instructions for Entertainment and Non-T&E Reimbursements:
Step 1: Please select the appropriate form for your reimbursement request:
Step 2: Compete the reimbursement form and make sure you attach all required documentation for your reimbursement request (i.e.. receipts, guest list, etc.) to the form.
|Step 2: Compete the on-line reimbursement form and make sure you attach all required documentation for your reimbursement request (i.e.. receipts, milage proof, etc.) to the on-line form.|
|Step 3: Print and sign your name in the Certification section at the bottom of the form.|
Step 4: Have your supervisor either sign the bottom of the form or provide an email chain showing supervisor approval. Any Exceptional Approval, if necessary, will be obtained by Financial Services.
Business Contracts come in many forms and the services we provide are based on the type of contract. Below is more information on the most frequently used Business Contracts we can assist with.
- Please obtain approval at the appropriate level prior to submitting the Business Contract to Business Operations.
- Provide a completed BCO Request Form with sufficient information to describe the scope and objectives of the proposed contract, identify the institutional interests to be served and assess any potential risk and financial impact.
- As the department Approver, please make business and programmatic decisions regarding the contract and contract performance. Departmental participation in the contracting process may vary significantly depending on the nature of the contract.
Business Contracts FAQ's
- Who Does What Guide
- Contracting at Berkeley quiz/walk-through
- Email BusOps@Berkeley.edu with any other outstanding issues