This page is a guide to budget resources for the Student Affairs group: forms, procedures/instructions, templates. For news and links to other finance sites and historical material, please check the Student Affairs Finance Office webpage on a regular basis for information on current issues. That site provides budget call information, updates on budget revisions, immediate deadlines, agendas for the Student Affairs Business Officers Group (SABOG) meetings, and other current material.
Student Affairs Salary Decentralization Resources:
- Guidelines for Funding Salary Actions in a Decentralized Environment (07/01/2006)
- Salary Pool Funding Request
General Campus Budget Overviews:
- The Berkeley Budget Dec 2009, a brief primer on the UC-Berkeley budget process
- An Overview of Financial Management at UC Berkeley 08/21/2007
- User Productivity Kit (UPK): training modules for various BSF Version 9 functions
- The YouTube channel TechTutor.TV provides brief video tutorials on Microsoft Office 2007 functions. The videos are also available at the TechTutor.TV Web site, including tutorials on Excel 2007, Word 2007, and Access 2007.
- Student Affairs Business Officer Training Guide (05/31/06): other suggested training resources for financial functions:
- UCB Learning Center: registration for campus training (live and online)
- Deficit Clearance 04/22/2010
- Campus-Funded Budget Allocations for Benefits and General and Employment Liability (GAEL) 12/10/2010
- BFS Organization Tree (Excel File)
- Interlocation Transfer of Funds (Budget)
- Intercampus Financial Transactions (Hard-Dollar)